powered up… finally

sorry for no posting, but i’ve been busy with work , the weather was shite and on the weekend i was sick.

Yesterday i’ve set to finally install the Castle BEC in the Wraith, but i’ve ran into an odd glitch .  When everything was wired up the motor would run fine forward but stutter in reverse.

here’s how it looked

i’ve tried everything , two different wiring methods (with Y splitter powering servo only, powering the receiver), nothing worked . Even tried a Tamiya TEU-101BK , which worked , so i knew it the ESC’s fault, and since money is tight i do not fancy changing ESCs right now. anyways , i’ve solved it today with a 1 euro part , a Ferrite ring on the Castle BEC lead solved it all. Excellent 😀

i’ve now done the preliminary wiring, waiting for a couple more items before i make it permanent. The truck is ready to ride though, so tomorrow if weather permitting, on to roznik .

Check out the nifty Wraith stand my dad made me !

Advertisements
Tagged

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: