ReWeighted

Yesterday i removed the stick on wheel weights which were causing bad tire performance and replaced them with the super hard to get flexible window leading, which a friend of mine sent from the UK.

It comes in a 9mm strip which is flexible and easy to mold into the trough of the Axial 1.9 beadlock . The weight advantage is a bit less that with the stick ons , but for placing its excellent .

20130607-rewighted1

170gram per front wheel and 85 per rear wheel

Last time out i noticed a bit of a squeak , so i’ve oiled the driveshaft cups a bit , also i’ve improved the rear pinion angle by making longer upper links. And i’ve cut two bolts down a bit to prevent rubbing on the driveshaft at extreme flex.

20130608-rewighted2

deforming again

Today I took it up Roznik again , over the same  route as two days ago and the difference is massive, the front tires deform again and climb. I think i can improve the fronts even more by tweaking with the foams. It was really muddy so the claws got clogged up quickly ,but still held up nicely .

20130608-rewighted3

The center of gravity is still too high so i will have to relocate the battery lower , also i need to tweak the ride height because i got high centered a couple times.

20130608-rewighted4

 

all in all i am quite pleased , i’ve solved the tire weight problem , also i’ve managed to find the light cover which is missing in all the pictures 😀

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: